udisks and encrypted partition

Giacomo Comes comes at naic.edu
Tue Apr 19 12:36:42 PDT 2011

Hi,
I have a problem with udisks and I'm not sure if
this is the appopriate place to ask for help.
If it isn't, please tell me where I should ask.

I'm using openSUSE 11.4. If I mount an external
usb disk with the command:
  udisks --mount /dev/sdb1
it works. But if the partition is a luks
container I receive the following error message:
Mount failed: Not a mountable file system

I can mount the partiton using cryptsetup/mount
or halmount so the encrypted partition is not
corrupted.

Is "udisks --mount /dev/sdb1" the correct command
to mount an encrypted disk?

If it is, then something is not working.
What should I look for in order to find the problem?

Thanks.
Giacomo