[udisks] CD-ROM polling failed due to O_EXCL flag (poller.c)

Kay Sievers kay.sievers at vrfy.org
Fri Feb 25 08:12:54 PST 2011

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 14:47, PCMan <pcman.tw at gmail.com> wrote:
> I made a small patch against the latest udisks in git after hacking HAL daemon
> and it works. Please review the patch. Thanks a lot.
>
> https://bugs.freedesktop.org/attachment.cgi?id=43798&action=edit

mtab is officially dead now, even in mount(8). Please always use
/proc/self/mountinfo, it has the major/minor in there, which is a far
more reliable match than the device file name. Example is here:
  http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/hotplug/udev.git;a=blob;f=extras/cdrom_id/cdrom_id.c;h=4a58a49030231f854be8ce63e6b8d700b5f1b832;hb=HEAD#l118

HAL was also GPL just like udisks, there is need to get into trouble
with other licences added to the udisks code, especially not for 3
lines getmntent() parsing. :)

Tanks,
Kay