laptop brightness panel

Ali Abdallah aliov at xfce.org
Tue Jan 4 03:09:34 PST 2011

I hope that the acpi brightness will be implemented in upower, for me
the correct thing is to have the brightness support working for most of
the people, i recall we had this discussion before and for whatever
reason it was said that all the brightness support should be on the
xrandr part, which we know it is not going to happen, or it is not going
to happen any time soon, in the meanwhile, from my side "xfce" 90% of
the users, including myself, lost their brightness support when dropping
HAL completely.

I care about this because it is funny in 2011 to don't be able to change
the brightness level of a laptop, laptops will be consuming more power
which is not green, and people will damage their eyes if working on a
full brightness level laptop in lightless conditions, which is also not
green i can say.

What amazes me is that now we have a kdb brightness support in upower
and no laptop panel brightness support...

Kind regards,
Ali.