[udisks] Dbus interface quick info

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Mon May 9 12:32:52 PDT 2011

Hello Lisa,

Lisa Vitolo [2011-05-09 19:36 +0200]:
> I'm a developer using udisks for one of my codes. I'd like to have access to
> some pratical examples together with the official documentation I could find
> online. So, do you have any idea about some open-source applications using
> the Dbus interface to udisks that I can refer to?

The standard one is certainly gnome-disk-utility/libgdu:

  http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-disk-utility/tree/src/gdu

udisk's integration test suite also uses the D-Bus interface, from
Python:

  http://cgit.freedesktop.org/udisks/tree/tests/run

An older quick hack of mine is a simple udisks based automount daemon
in Vala:

  http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~pitti/udisks-automounter/trunk/files

But really, the official D-BUS API docs are quite complete and useful,
so I recommend using that as a reference instead of (or at least in
addition to) example code:

  http://hal.freedesktop.org/docs/udisks/