media-player-info and Podcasts?

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Mon May 9 12:37:28 PDT 2011

Hello Bernd,

Bernd Schlapsi [2011-05-08 12:05 +0200]:
> Now I ask myself why there is no definition for "PodcastFolders"?

The main reason is that so far there is not music player application
which cared about having this information. :-)

> There are lot of media players which support Podcasts outside the
> MUSIC-folder and so there should be a definition for this additional
> folder(s) in the *.mdi file?!

Sounds fine for me to add this as a new field for players which do
something special with Podcasts (i. e. not just treating them like any
other piece of music). Having more information about a player can
never hurt, as long as music players do a sensible fallback (i. e. to
AudioFolders) if it's not there.

Thanks,

Martin