UDisks: partition resize/move support

walt w41ter at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 15:44:01 PST 2011

On 11/07/2011 11:56 AM, David Zeuthen wrote:

> The current code in master simply shells out to the parted(8),
> sgdisk(8) and sfdisk(8) tools to do the heavy lifting. I expect the
> implementation of Partition.Resize() to do something similar...

Hi David.  I'm very familiar with parted and friends because I use them
often, but I'm completely confused by why udisk should get involved with
those tasks when I (the user) can use the same tools directly.

What is the problem that udisk would be solving by supplying the same
functions?  Who whould be using udisk to do those tasks instead of
using the tools directly?  I ask as a udisk outsider, so a very short
answer would be more than sufficient :)

Thanks.