[upower] problem with HAVE_INTROSPECTION during automake

Robert Obryk robryk at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 08:41:58 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I am trying to run automake on upower-0.9.14.Unless I have
gobject-introspection installed,
automake fails with:

libupower-glib/Makefile.am:62: HAVE_INTROSPECTION does not appear in
AM_CONDITIONAL

It seems that HAVE_INTROSPECTION is defined as a conditional by the
GOBJECT_INTROSPECTION_CHECK macro
in configure.ac, and that macro gets silently ignored when
gobject-introspection is missing.

You seem to support enabling/disabling the use of
gobject-introspection by way of a configure commandline
option, so I venture that this behaviour is undesired.

Regards,
Robert