Improvements and wow, Oh dear

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 7 16:37:14 PDT 2012

I agree with a lot of what Michael has said here.

http://davidz25.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/authorization-rules-in-polkit.html

I avoid polkit and don't wish to annoy you further but feel I must say
that I absolutely disagree with the following above all.

 "All in all, one can probably assume that the target user here is
 relatively skilled, ie. can read the provided documentation and is at
 least capable of copy-pasting some snippet from a website into a file
 in /etc as root and check that it has an effect."

Think hard about this, assuming that you did mean it as I read it...

When you realise what is utterly wrong with it and that web servers
shouldn't be running Xorg or any curses web browser likely with JS
enabled, pickup your keyboard please (And yes no-one should use IE on
exchange, actually no-one should use exchange but that parts just my
opinion and not responsible fact).

UNIVERSAL INTERFACE'

(Doug McIlroy)