suspension with battery full on line remove

Valerio Messina efa at iol.it
Mon Jan 2 02:42:59 PST 2012

hi,
I got a problem with my installation.
With battery full, removing power line, the netpc (MSI Wind U90) goes
to suspend after 20 seconds, saying battery charge is critical.
The same installation work on an ASUS notebook.

My distribution (Ubuntu 11.10) supply upower 0.9.13 and k3.0.0-14.
I installed Gnome 3.2.1 classic, instead of Unity.
On System settings, power supply panel, I leave the "on critical
battery" set to do nothing (neither shutdown or hibernate).

I already tried to compile and install 0.9.15, same results.
I saw the wrong entry:
"time to empty:       1.9 minutes"
for 3 times immediately after power line was removed.
On next 2 entries goes to the "exaggerated":
"time to empty:       8.2 hours"
then to the "probably good":
"time to empty:       1.9 hours"
and remain so, but then suspend.

How is the preferred method to send logs to the list?
How can I help debug and fix this?

thank you,
Valerio