udisks 1.90.0

Stef Bon stef at bononline.nl
Sun Jan 29 09:09:20 PST 2012

On 01/24/2012 06:22 PM, David Zeuthen wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I spun the release on Friday but didn't get around to do the
> announcement until now, sorry. Anyway, here's the first release of
> udisks2! Not a lot to say expect that it's a complete rewrite of the
> udisks1 codebase with a more modern, intuitive and efficient D-Bus
> interface
Great,

I'm looking at the source right now.

Some questions:

a. can the udisks mount monitor also provide this information to other
apps, like dolphin and autofs.
I see that lot's of apps/programs are "interested" in mountinfo, and
poll/scan the mountinfo file for that purpose.
Isn't it better to have one prog do that (==udisks) and others get the
information  via a socket/dbus?

b. does udisks also provide information about non local mounts (cifs,
fuse etc) , so no disks?

c. I've been thinking about the ability to make the kernel export
mountinfo via netlink. Everytime the kernel mounts, a message is send
via netlink to userspace. Doesn't it make the monitoring easier??? Now
the whole mountinfo file has to be parsed, sorted and checked for changes.

Stef