Udisks and/or polkit problems

David Zeuthen zeuthen at gmail.com
Tue May 8 08:10:26 PDT 2012

Hey,

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 7:16 AM, Kevin Chadwick <ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Better than factually wrong documentation and design. You didn't want
> to answer any of the valid issues in the first place as others have
> found.

As I said in the initial mail to you, your so-called "valid issues"
were either incomprehensible or just plain wrong. I asked for you to
be more concise (in a nice way) but apparently it didn't help.

Sorry, but I can't help people, if they are unable to describe the
problem in detail. Just saying "it doesn't work!" and throwing hands
up in the air and ranting and then insulting people is not going to
help.

You are doing it wrong.

First of all, you should be reporting bugs in bugzilla, not on a
mailing list which is about _development_ (not end-user bugs like
yours). Second of all, you should include information on the level
requested in

 http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/udisks

> My companies won't go near it now.

Don't let the door hit you on your way out!

Good luck,
David