Handling rootfs on a bind-mount

David Zeuthen zeuthen at gmail.com
Thu May 10 06:40:32 PDT 2012

Hey,

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 8:38 PM, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
> Could these behaviour points be adapted in the interest of finding a
> real solution here, or is this regarded as a corner case which I
> should use the well-documented udev override for?

I think udisks2's UDisksMountMonitor is just making a couple of
assumptions it probably shouldn't be making ... and you are probably
the first to run into them since you are using bind mounts. It's
easier to deal with this in bugzilla, so please file a bug at

 https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=udisks

and include some of the information requested in

 http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/udisks

at least output from 'cat /proc/self/mountinfo' and 'udisksctl dump'
and 'gvfs-mount -li' (as the same user running the GVfs horde of
daemons).

Thanks,
David