label recognition for partitions

Tomasz Torcz tomek at pipebreaker.pl
Wed Sep 5 01:36:14 PDT 2012

On Wed, Sep 05, 2012 at 01:59:33PM +0530, pritam.ghanghas at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> I cloned udisks code and started digging "how udisk
> does it." But I am not able to find out from the code "how it does that". I
> am hoping someone more familiar with the code base can
> help me out here.
> meaningful. On my desktop I see that udisks
> does it automatically. I looked around on net and saw that
> for linux partitions I need e2label
> for fat, mtools
> for ntfs, ntfstools
>
> that is too many tools for a simple job. Then I thought let me write some
> quick code to recognize that but it seems

  Please see "blkid" and assorted library from util-linux.
I believe blkid is used by udev to populate database, and later udisks gets
filesystem info from udev database.

--
Tomasz Torcz               RIP is irrevelant. Spoofing is futile.
xmpp: zdzichubg at chrome.pl     Your routes will be aggreggated. -- Alex Yuriev