UPower 0.99.0

Àlex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Wed Nov 13 15:48:25 PST 2013

On Tuesday 29 October 2013 12:53:30 Richard Hughes wrote:
> Released: 2013-10-29
>
> Notes:
>  - This version contains major API changes. Use the 0.9.* versions if
> you want to keep using the old API.
>
> New Features:
>  - Add WarningLevel and IconName properties to all devices (Bastien Nocera)
>  - Add DisplayDevice composite battery (Bastien Nocera)
>  - Enforce critical battery policy on the daemon side (Bastien Nocera)

Hi there

Lukáš (CC'd) has ported the KDE bits to UPower 0.99, we are discussing it and
apparently we have only one concern, which is with the "Enforce critical
battery policy on the daemon side".

We see in the added api a method called "GetCriticalAction" but we see no way
of setting this critical action. We let the user configure this behavior and
apparently we won't be able to do that with UPower 0.99.

Maybe we can add some kind of supressing api ?  For example in systemd we use
the inhibition api to prevent systemd from doing the default action on Lid
close and it works great.

Cheers.