Is there any dbus API to create a partition table?

Fred Chien cfsghost at gmail.com
Sun Oct 6 13:51:18 PDT 2013

Hi,

I'm working on a Node.js module to handle disk job with UDisks2. There is
one problem I got that no way to create a partition table.

I just got a new USB stick, and this USB stick is using whole block device
for a filesystem, so I would like to re-partition this block device.

But I notice that such block device doesn't have any partition table. It
means I cannot create a new partition with UDisks2, unless I make a
partition table with fdisk first.

I suppose Udisks2 should have the way to create partition table, but i
don't found it. Any idea?

Cheers,
Fred