Incorrect power supply type detection in upower

Vojtech Bocek vbocek at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 10:46:16 PDT 2014

> On Thu, 2014-06-05 at 00:56 +0200, Vojtech Bocek wrote:
> But it's not a battery? Why does it use the power supply class if it
> doesn't export a battery?

The driver uses parts of the power supply framework, I guess. If there
is some kind of expectation that power supply-class devices are either
batteries or chargers and everything else (even though it is very much
related) should be something else, then upower's behavior is okay and
I will hack around it in the kernel driver.

> I did read the code before replying :)

I like to link the parts of the code I'm basing my bug
reports/questions on, especially when I never worked with the project
in question before. It helps clear up what exactly am I talking about,
at least that's the intention.