Fixing suspend timer: where to stash io counter stats?

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Wed May 14 08:25:30 PDT 2014

Hello Phillip,

Phillip Susi [2014-05-10 21:05 -0400]:
> The disk suspend timer feature fails to work on many drives because
> they have a 10 minute minimum suspend timer, and udisks tries to poll
> the SMART status every 10 minutes, which resets the timer.  To fix
> this, I'm trying to capture the io counter stats to see if there has
> been no IO to the disk since the last housekeeping run, and if not,
> skip the SMART check.  The trouble is I can't find any structure to
> save the old value in.  Any suggestions?

Already answered on IRC, but for the record: the private struct
_UDisksLinuxDriveAta in src/udiskslinuxdriveata.c seems quite
appropriate for this. In there you most probably won't even need new
internal API as all the SMART stuff shoudl be contained in that
object.

Thanks for looking into this!

Martin