UPower: 95-upower-hid.rules update

Arnaud Quette arnaud.quette at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 06:00:45 PDT 2015

> > > Co., Ltd"
> > >
> > > I'm guessing this would require changes in NUT, so I should mention
> > > don't like that change. Maybe:
> > > +ATTRS{idVendor}=="06da", ENV{UPOWER_VENDOR}="Phoenixtec Power"
> > > would be better? The names are supposed to be human readable.
> > though I see your rationales behind that comments, this is not NUT
> > -only, but also tied to usb.ids and devices USB strings and
> > maintenance / cross linking info:
> > https://usb-ids.gowdy.us/read/UD/06da
> >
> > Note that such change would not make it more human readable, it's
> > just a truncation ;)
> > So I'm not in favor of changing this.
>
> Actually, shouldn't it say "Eaton" now:
> http://www.eaton.com/Eaton/OurCompany/NewsEvents/NewsReleases/CT_141334
> ?

well, yes and no ("une réponse de Breton" as we say in French ;))
same as for MGE | Powerware | Best | Deltec | Sola | ...(very long list of
acquisition).
The difference here, for the sake of completion, is that PTec (short name)
or actually Centralion (same company, but different division) is
manufacturing OEM products, that are then just rebranded by Liebert, Mustek
and numerous other brands, depending on the considered timeframe.

> It's also named simply "Phoenixtec" in the NUT docs:
> http://www.networkupstools.org/protocols/sola.html

sure, there is still some du cleanup there ;)

Anyway.

so, works for you as is?!
thanks for your understanding.

cheers,
Arno
--
Eaton Data Center Automation - Opensource Leader
NUT (Network UPS Tools) Project Leader - http://www.networkupstools.org