Upower 99.4 and RedHat Fedora 24

Tomasz Torcz tomek at pipebreaker.pl
Sat Nov 12 20:59:59 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jul 06, 2016 at 05:54:39PM +0000, Leslie S Satenstein wrote:
> With Fedora 24, sadly, upower 99.4 fails to show the APC UPS that I have
> plugged into usb#6. It is reporting correctly for other Linux versions. For
> example, with Fedora 23, upower 99.4 lists the UPS quite correctly.

   Hi,

  There was no reply to this email, but for sake of the archives:
there was a bug in udev, which prevented proper enumeration of UPSes.
It was fixed in systemd-229-9.fc24, and the patch in question was
https://github.com/systemd/systemd/commit/c45606eb95a7171b0dc801e91d35034957ad5e9e

P.S. It is no "RedHat Fedora". It's "Fedora", ot if you must – "Fedora Project's Fedora".

--
Tomasz Torcz               "Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station
xmpp: zdzichubg at chrome.pl    wagon filled with backup tapes." -- Jim Gray