Re-unifying udisks and storaged

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Wed Feb 15 14:38:49 UTC 2017

Hello all,

Martin Pitt [2016-11-25 15:32 +0100]:
>  * The current code base of storaged should become "the" official
>    project, and the old udisks 2.1.x should be mothballed after a
>    final merge of the recent fixes into storaged.
>
>  * Personally I would prefer to leave development on GitHub, as it's
>    much more powerful than fd.o in terms of CI and much more nicely
>    integrated with issue reports.

We discussed that in person two weeks ago. We decided that we'll rename
everything back to udisks, so that big PR now landed:

  https://github.com/storaged-project/udisks/pull/191

I also closed down the old udisks repository accordingly:

  https://cgit.freedesktop.org/udisks/tree/

(i. e. leaving only a README) and updated the udisks wiki:

  https://secure.freedesktop.org/cgit/www/commit/Software/udisks.mdwn?id=cc9d959cf8d205aa9ee2dfa85a115c2f1a15179a
  https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/udisks/

We'll still need to update the documentation on http://storaged.org/ though.

Thanks to everyone involved!