VeraCrypt/TrueCrypt support in GNOME Disks

segfault segfault at riseup.net
Mon Nov 13 16:36:19 UTC 2017

segfault:
> Hi,
>
> we at Tails (tails.boum.org) currently work on integrating support for
> unlocking VeraCrypt (and probably also TrueCrypt) volumes in Tails via
> udisks2 and GNOME Disks (and maybe also GNOME Files and the GVfs
> monitor). We internally track the status of this work in [1] and [2].
> Currently we are gathering data on the requirements of our users via a
> survey [3], in order to make decisions about which features we want to
> implement (support for legacy TrueCrypt volumes, file containers, hidden
> volumes, keyfiles).
>
> We would like to know whether you want to have VeraCrypt/TrueCrypt
> support in upstream too. I assume that this is wanted in udisks2,
> because there is already an open ticket for this [4]. What about GNOME
> Disks?
>
> [1] https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6337
> [2] https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/11684
> [3] https://mailman.boum.org/pipermail/tails-ux/2017-October/003505.html
> [4] https://github.com/storaged-project/udisks/issues/282

I forgot to add: Assuming that you would like to have this in upstream,
some heads up for when it would be ideal for us if an upstream
maintainer was available for reviewing:
- We will evaluate the results of the survey and make design decisions
in December
- Patches will probably be ready in January

Cheers!