battery not detected when managed by PMU (apple powerbook)

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Mon Jun 29 16:38:18 UTC 2020

On Mon, 2020-06-29 at 16:06 +0200, Giuseppe Sacco wrote:

<snip>
> If I understood what you wrote, the pmu_battery driver registers the
> device as of class "power_supply" calling the function
> power_supply_register() as you may see at line 155 of
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux.git/tree/drivers/power/pmu_battery.c?h=v3.16.85
>
> Still, upower cannot find it:
>
> $ upower --enumerate
> /org/freedesktop/UPower/devices/DisplayDevice

Did you check that the driver was enabled correctly, that it showed up
in sysfs, and could be found in udev?

I hope you didn't quote "3.16.85" as your current kernel though, the
driver's moved to:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/drivers/power/supply/pmu_battery.c