[igt-dev] RFC: Migration to Gitlab

Jani Nikula jani.nikula at linux.intel.com
Fri Aug 24 06:52:05 UTC 2018

On Wed, 22 Aug 2018, Rodrigo Vivi <rodrigo.vivi at intel.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 10:19:19AM -0400, Adam Jackson wrote:
>> On Wed, 2018-08-22 at 16:13 +0300, Jani Nikula wrote:
>>
>> > - Sticking to fdo bugzilla and disabling gitlab issues for at least
>> >   drm-intel for the time being. Doing that migration in the same go is a
>> >   bit much I think. Reassignment across bugzilla and gitlab will be an
>> >   issue.
>>
>> Can you elaborate a bit on the issues here? The actual move-the-bugs
>> process has been pretty painless for the parts of xorg we've done so
>> far.
>
> I guess there is nothing against moving the bugs there. The concern is only on
> doing everything at once.

No, it's not just that.

We have some automation using the bugzilla APIs directly, and
someone(tm) needs to figure out how this should work with gitlab. Maybe
we have a better chance of doing things with gitlab's APIs, maybe we can
reduce our dependence on external logic altogether.

We have special "i915 platform" and "i915 features" fields in
bugzilla. We use a mailing list default assignee. Some of us use the
"whiteboard" and "keywords" fields. Etc.

I don't think figuring all this out is rocket science, but someone needs
to actually do it, and get our workflows straightened out *before* we
flip the switch. I'm just trying to figure out if that is a blocker to
migrating the repos.

BR,
Jani.

--
Jani Nikula, Intel Open Source Graphics Center