reminder: review of maintainer-tools patches is mandatory

Daniel Vetter daniel.vetter at ffwll.ch
Wed Jan 13 20:56:57 UTC 2021

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 3:21 PM Jani Nikula <jani.nikula at intel.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Jan 2021, Sumit Semwal <sumit.semwal at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Jani,
> >
> > Apologies on this - I understand the review part as well, you're right.
> >
> > Just to give you context: This patch was a quick response to Daniel's ask
> > to update the documentation over IRC. I didn't know the process for this,
> > and assuming gitlab, created a PR. By the time I could offer Daniel to send
> > a patch, he had merged the PR.
> >
> > Irrespective, I will take care going forward. Apologies again.
>
> Oh, okay, don't worry about it. Daniel merging the PR is certainly
> enough of an ack here. The problem is that in git logs you appeared to
> be the committer and Daniel's involvement was completely lost, and
> that's what I was going by.

Yeah with proper MR flow we'd have marge set up (to do the MR merging
for us, it's a bot), which adds a Part-of: tag to each commit it
pushes through an MR, so you can go back to the MR link and see all
the discussion. There's an r-b: tag from me there. I think we should
either set that up or disable MR since it's confusing.
-Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation