Releasing Fedora 10 alpha next week

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Aug 5 06:11:45 PDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-08-05 at 12:27 +0200, Andreas Jaeger wrote:

> What do you propose to resolve this for the future?

Clearly everybody should just make way for Fedora.  (yes I'm joking...)

I agree with James, that this cycle is a bit of a loss.  Fedora itself
have been trying very hard to hit a strict 6 month cycle, going back to
our roots and doing a may day (beginning of May) and Halloween (end of
October) releases.  We've already done a draft schedule for Fedora 11
http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-11/f-11-all-tasks.html

This hasn't yet been vetted for things like tradeshow events and
whatnot, to fiddle with the exact timing of each milestone, but that's
what we're shooting for.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!