FHS location for locally-compiled bytecode

Ben Finney ben+freedesktop at benfinney.id.au
Mon Jul 28 06:07:31 PDT 2008

James Westby <jw+debian at jameswestby.net> writes:

> On Mon, 2008-07-28 at 15:38 +1000, Ben Finney wrote:
> > This issue applies just as much to other packages with
> > byte-compiled languages (e.g. Elisp bytecode, Java bytecode, etc.)
> > so I'm raising it on debian-devel.
>
> It seems that you entered the wrong address for this message, is
> that the case?

Whoops, sorry for the confusion. That's a relic of posting much the
same message to 'debian-devel' some weeks ago.

The message is in the desired place; I would like to see this
discussed here on distributions at freedesktop.

--
 \           “All progress has resulted from people who took unpopular |
  `\                                      positions.” —Adlai Stevenson |