FHS location for locally-compiled bytecode

Ben Finney ben+freedesktop at benfinney.id.au
Mon Jul 28 21:37:48 PDT 2008

Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger at gmail.com> writes:

> So there's a few ways that this could be interpreted:
[…]

Thanks, these seem a good starting point for attempting to clarify the
interpretation and perhaps to improve it.

> I believe that the FHS group is discussing an update of the
> specification now and it would be good for someone to bring the
> subject of architecture independent byte code to their attention

Is that not what we're doing here? I would have expected such a group
to pay attention to discussions on this list.

--
 \     “We are not gonna be great; we are not gonna be amazing; we are |
  `\           gonna be *amazingly* amazing!” —Zaphod Beeblebrox, _The |