Introduction round?

Donnie Berkholz dberkholz at gentoo.org
Sat Mar 8 17:17:51 PST 2008

On 10:34 Fri 07 Mar     , Vincent Untz wrote:
> Since it's hard to know who's here right now, maybe we can make some
> introduction round?

Hi everyone! I'm another Gentoo developer. I maintain most of X and do a
bunch of other stuff that's less immediately relevant.

My main interests in joining this list are:

  - NIH syndrome, which seems to be a major problem with distros.
    Reinventing basic configuration tools, etc. On a related note,
    distros are often unprepared to serve as upstream for their own
    projects when other distros want to use them.

  - Patch sharing. I'm not sure this list is the best place for the
    actual patches, because I like the idea of working more closely with
    the individual upstream projects. Looking forward to more
    discussions.

  - Governance, community, etc. I'm always interested in what's worked
    and what hasn't worked for other distros.

Thanks,
Donnie