Why Upstream

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Sep 19 14:11:21 PDT 2008

Hi,

I have been maintaining a document for encouraging Fedora package
maintainers to upstream their patches and publishing reasons for doing
so at

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/WhyUpstream

I have been thinking of putting up a more generic variant of it in the
distribution wiki and pointing to that instead. Can folks from other
distributions go through it and see if this is acceptable to them and if
so, after I publish it in the distro wiki, considering pointing to this
from your own packaging related guidelines. I would like to see
distributions point to the common wiki for ideas everyone agrees with.

Rahul