Handling of the e1000e bug

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Sep 25 16:29:08 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-09-25 at 16:12 -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:

> We added a warning to our git-sources kernel package (and soon
> vanilla-sources), which people have to explicitly install 'testing'
> versions of to use RC kernels:
>
> "If your system utilizes the e1000e driver DO NOT install and run any
> 2.6.27 kernel.  See bug #238489 for more information"

The problem with such wide statements as this is that users of other
distros will see the warning, and not trust the kernels offered, even
though Fedora is flat disabling the module in our kernel offerings.

Not sure how best to state that other than adding a "from the gentoo
project" or make it "DO NOT use any e1000e module from 2.6.27 kernels".

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!