(nonfree) blobwars family of games

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Sep 26 16:22:03 PDT 2008

Karl Goetz wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I know some of you will have already seen this, but it seemed relevent
> enough to post here. Sorry if its already come through, I didnt notice
> it.
>
>> It is with much regret that I have to ask you to remove the following
>> packages from your repositories,
>>
>> blobwars (Blob Wars : Metal Blob Solid)
>> starfighter (Project: Starfighter)
>> blobAndConquer (Blob Wars : Blob And Conquer)
>> viruskiller (Virus Killer)
>>
>> It has been brought to my attention ... [the games] ... should all be removed
>> immediately to avoid any legal issues.
>
> From
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-motu/2008-August/004432.html ,
> but i can dig out all the other references if you'd like them too.
> kk
>
> (CCing gNS as we only dealt with blobwars).

Yes, the developer himself maintained many distributions directly.
Discussed for Fedora in

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-games-list/2008-August/msg00027.html

Fedora has replaced the content in some of the games to workaround the
problem. So might want to want look into that and share resources.

Rahul