(nonfree) blobwars family of games

Ben Finney ben+freedesktop at benfinney.id.au
Sat Sep 27 01:32:52 PDT 2008

Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl> writes:

> Notice that while replacing we've replaced them with content which
> matches Fedora's content guidelines and is not necessarily free as
> in free software

That's unfortunate. Thanks for letting us know.

> (in Fedora we do not demand that content licenses allow
> modification, an architect may not want to have the house he
> designed changed afterwards, a painter does not want his painting
> modified, etc.).

Those arguments are as valid for programs as for any other software;
i.e. not at all. A programmer, after all, "may not want to have the
program he wrote changed by the recipient afterwards". That doesn't
give any support to the idea that such a work belongs in a free
operating system.

--
 \          “Courage is not the absence of fear, but the decision that |
  `\     something else is more important than fear.” —Ambrose Redmoon |