Looking for any libtar patches floating around

Robert Buchholz rbu at gentoo.org
Tue Dec 15 13:01:56 PST 2009

Hi Huzaifa,

On Monday 14 December 2009, Huzaifa Sidhpurwala wrote:
> I am trying to get all (long pending) patches into this fork.
> I have already integrated fedora and debian patches.
> In case you maintain libtar in other distros and use any patches i am
> not aware of, i would be gratefull, if you would let me know about
> it.

Will libtar-ng be installing a libtar.so or are you changing the
library's name as well? As far as Gentoo is concerned, you can find two
here:
http://sources.gentoo.org/dev-libs/libtar/files/

The libtar-1.2.11-memleak.patch is not applied any more as it caused
compilation bugs in reverse dependencies, see
https://bugs.gentoo.org/228445

Hope this helps,
Robert