Stable update procedures

Vincent Untz vuntz at gnome.org
Thu Feb 12 04:44:08 PST 2009

Le jeudi 12 février 2009, à 13:36 +0530, Rahul Sundaram a écrit :
> For Fedora, a new set of guidelines got approved recently.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Package_update_guidelines
>
> It doesn't answer all your questions since there is a lot of work in
> progress still. I will try and add references to the above guidelines
> when they are in use.

I find it interesting that in Fedora, you have something like "New
upstream releases should not necessarily be pushed to release branches."
I expect most other distros to have "New upstream releases are strongly
discouraged in release branches, unless you have a really really good
reason."

Is there any reason for this approach?

(btw, sorry, can't describe the update procedures for openSUSE, since I
don't know the exact stuff)

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.