Patch Tagging Guidelines standardized in Debian as DEP3

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Sun Jul 12 05:33:37 PDT 2009

On Thu, 02 Jul 2009, Robert Buchholz wrote:
> well. What is your timeline for inclusion of comments in the document
> and making it final? It would be sad if you finalized the document a
> week from now, someone proposes it to gentoo-dev afterwards, we end up
> doing our own thing that is incompatible, and both Gentoo and Debian
> devs have to run sed over all patches for the next years.

I don't have any precise timeline but it's still actively discussed on
debian-devel at lists.debian.org, I have to review some comments and maybe
update the proposal based on them.

I might announce the format for use on debian-devel-announce in the
not-too-distant future but that does not mean that the format can't evolve
if you find out new extensions or some other simplifications.

In any case, it would be best if you don't wait too long to start the
discussion on your side. :)

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog

Contribuez à Debian et gagnez un cahier de l'admin Debian Lenny :
http://www.ouaza.com/wp/2009/03/02/contribuer-a-debian-gagner-un-livre/