Universal package specification

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Sun Nov 29 08:25:41 PST 2009

also sprach Tom Arnold <t0m4rn0ld at gmail.com> [2009.11.29.1230 +0100]:
> I know there have been many attempts and I think it is kind of sad
> that RH, Novell and Debian can't agree on something LSB-based.
> Serving users is never wrong and it would certainly make the pie
> bigger for everybody.

But smaller for the commercial players because only in being
different can they actually secure their business case. I am not
surprised that most efforts on cross-distro collaboration and
standardisation are upheld by volunteer projects like Debian, among
others.

"i always had a repulsive need to be something more than human."
                                                      -- david bowie

spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net