mageia-app-db v0.2 released
stormi at laposte.net
Sun Apr 10 06:23:54 PDT 2011
Our team is proud to announce mageia-app-db v0.2. Many thanks to all the
This new version brings the following features :
- synchronization from http://sophie.zarb.org
- rework of the filtering UI, which should be clearer (and takes much less
space on screen)
- various UI improvements
The full changelog can be seen there :
Test instances for 4 different distributions are available for now :
This is the first version than can be useful, now that is has real data in it.
For example, if you want to compare packages from Mandriva cooker and Mageia
cauldron for a given group (say, the games group), you can consult the
following URLs and compare :
It looks like Mageia still has many games to add :)
--- The project ---
For those who don't remember or don't know what this project is about, here
are its goals :
I must add that although Mageia is our primary target, we could probably work
with any RPM-based distribution known by http://sophie.zarb.org
--- The name ---
The definitive project name still hasn't been chosen (we want a name which is
independant from Mageia, although Mageia is the primary target). Many people
in the team like "AppGalaxy", but this is a name that lacks the
"collaborative" view, so I'm still hoping we will find even better.
--- Next version : v0.3 (middle of may) ---
For the next version, here are the main topics. We are not sure we will be
able to cover them all with our current ressources, but will try our best (and
if we can't, the features will just come later) :
- Complete the specifications. Some parts of the specifications are still
missing (answers to "what will the final interface look like ?"), because we
had a lot of technical work to do.
- Users : for now users can't log, because there's almost no user management.
For mageia at first : LDAP integration.
- User notifications (mail, RSS). dant3 is already working on it and shows
- internationalization : allow to translate our application in various
languages (even if package descriptions will remain in english for now, until
we can find a good way to get translations for them).
- Improve package and RPM views
- Accessibility audit
- RPM packaging of mageia-app-db (already started, not finished yet)
- Use distromatch for better matching between a distribution's package names
and debian's package names (useful for retrieving screenshots, and maybe
someday translated package descriptions ?)
That's all for now, feel free to test the current version and comment !
Samuel Verschelde (Stormi) and mageia-app-db's team
More information about the Distributions