Are there any app-data.xml examples available?

Samuel Verschelde stormi at laposte.net
Thu Apr 21 02:54:39 PDT 2011

Le mardi 19 avril 2011 11:43:39, Enrico Zini a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I was looking at
> http://distributions.freedesktop.org/wiki/AppStream/Implementation and
> realised that the link between app-data.xml and apt-xapian-index is still
> missing.
>
> I reckon if I implement app-data.xml support in the apt-xapian-index
> indexer, that should also solve the problem of deploying an index for
> any distro, and at the same time push for more app-data.xml use.
>
> However, in order to build and test an app-data based indexer, I need
> at least some example datasets. Are there any available?
>

> Ciao,
>
> Enrico

There is none at mageia for now, I didn't want to insist too much when we
still haven't released our first stable release and many important things have
to be done in this regard, but I'll start pushing here and there to have it as
soon as possible after the release of Mageia 1.

By the way, was the final specification published somewhere ? Same question for
the changes in the .desktop files.

Best regards

Samuel Verschelde