AppStream Ideas and Thoughts

James Rhodes jrhodes at redpointsoftware.com.au
Sun Feb 13 01:11:35 PST 2011

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 7:57 PM, genomega <genomega at earthlink.net> wrote:

> [...]

And then you have all the Debian systems.  And all the <insert package
system here> systems.  Everyone has their own version.

The point of AppTools is that it has the capability to run atop of all
of these systems transparently (i.e. if you're on Debian, the
bootstrap will query the Debian repositories for dependencies).  The
bootstrap component to the AppFS package is capable of retrieving
dependencies needed for itself to run, such as FUSE, once again, from
the system's native repository.

Regards, James Rhodes.