AppStream Ideas and Thoughts

Matthias Klumpp matthias at nlinux.org
Sun Feb 13 03:25:54 PST 2011

Hi!
Wow, this looks very, very cool! I worked on similar issues but with
different solutions on my own project (Listaller).
Your project would AFAIK be in AppStreams scope and could be a valuable
extension for AppStream. I don't think AppStream does something "wrong
again".
I'll take a closer look at AppTools tomorrow, but from what you said, I
guess it would go well with AppStream.
Cheers
  Matthias

P.S: It's so disappointing seeing all these great ideas come up NOW. They
still existed, but noone thought about joining forces. I developed
Listaller, which in a way acts similar to AppTool in some points but is
_completely_ different in concept.
I never heard of AppTool, which is sad cause from what I read it has some
really great ideas.

http://distributions.freedesktop.org/wiki/AppStream/Implementation)