Distromatch deploy for everyone

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Fri Feb 18 04:47:15 PST 2011

Hello,

I have been working on allowing anyone to set up their own distromatch
instance.

For Debian and Ubuntu, I can easily generate the distromatch input using
UDD and the Contents files found in any mirrors.

For the whole RPM world, thanks to Olivier Thauvin I have been able to
set up regular exports from the vast Sophie database.

I have set up distromatch access on DDE, which can also serve as a list
of all working distributions so far. If you have access to the full
dataset of package names and package contents for a distribution not in
that list, please get in touch and we can add it.

I'm also exporting the full raw dataset which enables anyone to set up
the same distromatch environment on their own machines.

More details on http://www.enricozini.org/2011/debian/distromatch-deploy/

Ciao,

Enrico

--