Results of the App Installer Meeting

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jan 27 07:48:19 PST 2011

On Thu, 2011-01-27 at 15:17 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On 27 January 2011 15:07, seth vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> > Right - this is almost too long.
> > I'd think keeping it more like a paragraph will keep from the tl;dr
> > problem.
>
> Both the android and apple app stores have way more than a paragraph
> for a typical application.
>
> The point is, that if the user is looking at the detailed application
> view for a single package, they probably haven't made up their mind if
> they want to install it -- and need all the details we can give them.
> Bullet points of features, screenshots, links to online scoreboards,
> and all that kind of thing.

okay - but is that the info you want in the metadata or does it make
sense to have a single link to refer them to more information?

So you get the core info in the metadata and for more info pass them off
to another site?

Then offline mode works with the basic info and if they want more than
that they need to be online.

-sv