Results of the App Installer Meeting

Samuel Verschelde stormi at laposte.net
Thu Jan 27 08:44:38 PST 2011

Le jeudi 27 janvier 2011 17:34:39, seth vidal a écrit :
> On Thu, 2011-01-27 at 17:31 +0100, Samuel Verschelde wrote:
> > This is what I would go for, provided we define the whole chain (who
> > writes descriptions and their translations, how, where, and how do they
> > end up in metadata files on the mirrors).
>
> And make sure the link out to OCS (or what-have-you) is not provided by
> the person inputting the description content (ie: the app maintainer or
> the developer) but is formulaic. That way the user can be reasonably
> confident that the link is not something quasi-evil when they click on
> it.

Yes, this will be based on the application identifier, I guess, which will be
provided in the .desktop file (which we agreed would be of the form
"nameofapplication.desktop"). The worse that could happen would be that the
OCS server doesn't know about a specific application identifier. We'll have to
make sure the identifier matches a certains regexp, though, to avoid forged
URLs from funny identifiers :)

Regards