[gsoc2011] PackageKit integration for Ubuntu Software Center

Alex Eftimie alex at rosedu.org
Fri Jul 8 06:02:11 PDT 2011

Hi again,

As an update to this project, software-center packagekit-backend
branch can use PackageKit now[0] for installing/removing software and
also for fetching package information. There are missing parts, and
work continues in improving the code.

Application data can be parsed from an app-data.xml by the
update-software-center script (I found this already working in trunk,
so kudos to mvo for that).

I'm posting the GSoC weekly reports on my blog[1], so you are welcome
to give feedback and suggestions :-)

Cheers,
Alex

[0] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ww9b8Oy9qs