Container file?

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Sat May 14 08:57:38 PDT 2011

On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 10:15 AM, Yfrwlf <yfrwlf at gmail.com> wrote:

> so that cross-distro Linux packages can be hosted on websites and downloaded
> more easily, instead of downloading three files?

I think, but am not sure, that these three files are per repo, not per
package - i.e. you could have 1000 packages, and only have these three
files to describe all of them. In that case, I have no qualms with
there being 3 of them, as the current yum metadata format contains 10
files (not all of which get downloaded for every transaction)

Now if it's 2 files (since one of them is the currently existing
metadata) per package, that might be a bit of an issue :)