[gsoc2011] PackageKit integration for Ubuntu Software Center

Sebastian Heinlein sebi at glatzor.de
Wed May 4 20:49:21 PDT 2011

On Wed, May 04, 2011 at 09:54:48PM +0300, Alex Eftimie wrote:
> My proposal here[1] shows my actual (basic) understanding of how
> things should work. Your opinions will be appreciated :-)

Aptdaemon allows to store custom meta data in the transactions. You
would also need to also store them somewhere in PackageKit, eg. app name,
icon.

This allows to re-associate a transaction with the corresponding app
after a restart of USC or using other clients.

You should also think about PackageKit backends which only provide a
very slow GetPackages call and which don't support the internal
package list cache. But I don't have got any idea here.