AppStream/SC/PK GSoC report #1

Raphael Hertzog raphael at ouaza.com
Mon Jun 4 04:34:58 PDT 2012

Le lundi 04 juin 2012, Matthias Klumpp a écrit :
> If you read through this now, I'd like to ask you if you have anything
> you want to do with PackageKit (which is not very backend-specific)
> and haven't been able to do until now. - If there is any of these
> issues, we might now be able to fix it.

I'm not involved in all this but there are reasons (which I don't know)
explaining why aptdaemon got introduced when the natural choice should
have been to decide to use PK.

Have you looked into those reasons and can PK fulfill everything
that aptdaemon does?

It would be great to have a cross-distro solution that's really
cross-distro and that does not force everybody into the lowest common
denominator.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Writer/Consultant ◈ Debian Developer

Get the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/