AppStream Donation Capabilities?

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 08:28:18 PST 2014

On 20 February 2014 14:58, Jason Harrer <jazzyeagle79 at gmail.com> wrote:
> The general premise is this:  There should be a way for users to donate to a
> project/developer when they go to install the software.

Yes, that's the idea. We were thinking about having a <url
type="donation">http://foo.com</url> in the AppData specification,
although Allan (cc'd) was worried about how to put this in the UI, and
how the UX should be. Flattr seems like the obvious choice, although
it's not exactly free software and there are a ton of legal issues
too.

Richard

-> rest of your email left for Allan....