AppStream Donation Capabilities?

Jason Harrer jazzyeagle79 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 11:07:56 PST 2014

If it helps any, the way i was going to go about it was by looking at what
is currently out on developers' websites to see how they get the icons on
their pages.  Flattr & PayPal were the only ones I looked at thus far, but
they both have ways to load the icons from their respective websites (not
the developers') and provide to the developers that use their sites the JS
code needed for their website to make the buttons work.  All I was
intending to do was to load the icon from their website directly into my
application (so I didn't officially have their icon in my source at all)
and run the script as they had requested.  This would create the UI I
needed.  My first goal was to just make a hyperlink to the webpage where
they could donate on the web page with eventual update to connect the UI to
code utilizing the donation sites' API (should the site have an API I could
link up with) to handle all the donation through the software without the
user having to go through another screen.

It seems like you're all already well down this path, and I haven't
honestly had a chance to go through your code yet, so I'm not sure if I'd
be more of a help or hindrance if I were to attempt to help this code
this.  I will say, though, that I really appreciate you working on this
already, and if you need any help, be it coding or general advice, let me
know, and I'll do what I can to help!!

- Jason