Appstream in fedora

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Thu Oct 2 08:05:35 PDT 2014

Hi ximion,
I was trying to test muon discover in fedora, because I thought it would be
appstream wonderland (in comparison to Arch, at least) and I'm not having
anything reported. See this for example:

[aleix at localhost ~]$ appstream-index search libreoffice
I/O warning : failed to load external entity
"/usr/share/appstream/app-info/categories.xml"
No component matching 'libreoffice' found.

Do you know what can be happening?

FWIW, the actual problem isn't that appstream-index is not working, but
Muon Discover isn't working. This is just an easier way to reproduce the
problem.

Aleix